Monday 3 March 2014

Introducing the Caroline Blomst collection for Deichmann

Hi guys,
I've always had a huge soft spot for Deichmann. Because I grew up in Germany it's the shop my parents used to take me to every season to pick new shoes. Even then I loved shoes, and I loved picking out a new pair from the array of styles and colours. I had a dark raspberry pink pair of T bar pumps I remember stomping around everywhere in! More recently, I've liked the Halle Berry collaboration with the brand so much that i've picked up two pairs: a pair of tan faux suede wedges, and a rich berry coloured court shoe.

Now shoe giant Deichmann have collaborated with uber-blogger Caroline Blomst to bring us a brand new shoe collection just perfect for spring. The capsule collection of seven pairs of shoes is cleverly created so that whether you want shoes for work, play, or Saturday night seductions you'll find something fabulous to wear. The stand out pairs, for me, are the graphic print slippers in a bold monochrome (an absolute bargain at £17.99) and the low pointed strap heels. So I had them sent over so I could give them a closer look:
 photo deichmann2_zpsd5b0742b.jpg
 photo deichmann1_zps3ae54ddb.jpg
The slippers shoe has spent the past couple of years being at the top of the style stakes, and these give the style a hot twist by giving it a pointed toe: not only do point toed shoes make your legs look longer and thinner (a definite bonus) they're also bang on trend, and were seen on the AW13 catwalks across the biggest fashion weeks by designers such as Marc Jacobs, Burberry Prorsum and Mui Mui.

I was surprised by how much I loved the studded pointed toed kitten heels, which are the perfect marriage of elegance and edgy style. I have been lusting over a pair of Valentino Rock studded and buckled shoes that look very similar to these, but of course at more than ten times the price tag: I know where I will be spending my hard earned money!
 photo deichmann3_zps583e8925.jpg
 photo deichmann4_zpsfd9b76c0.jpg
Both pairs look so much better in the flesh than they do in the press shots, and even the photos I've taken don't do them justice. All of the shoes in the collection stick to Blomst's trademark monochrome, and with gorgeous details such as lace panels, buckles, and studs. The shoes are stylish, comfortable (because of course I couldn't resist trying them all on) and seriously affordable. I'm convinced, and I think you will be too.

Want to see the rest of the collection? Then you're in luck! Here it is:
 photo deichmann6_zps6a625737.png
1. Pixel print sneakers, £22.99    2. Pointed multi strap heels, £24.99  3. Peep toe with drop side and metallic heel, £27.99     4. Peep toe lace shoe boot, £27.99 5. Peep toe cut out shoe boots, £27.99     

How gorgeous are the high multi strap heels? As soon as I saw them I knew they'd been inspired by Gianvitto Rossi's beautiful multi strap creations, and they're just perfect for teaming with skinny jeans (or leather trousers if you're brave enough) and a soft cropped teddy jumper. Finally, although they're not to my taste, the clever addition of the trainers was a stroke of genius at a time when every blogger and fashionista I know is rocking a pair of Nike hi tops or a utilitarian DKNY yoga shoe: buy these now and you'll wear them all summer long, with no blisters in sight!

The Caroline Blomst collection for Deichmann is available in store and online from today. I predict that these will be selling out fast: particularly the bargain-priced slipper shoes. Which pair do you want to get your hands on first?

Love Tor x

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wow that took me back, I so remember those pink t bar pumps you loved them.

Unknown said...

Woah, so pretty and so affordable. I love those monochrome slippers. What a bargain too!

Jess x, Feeling Stylish