Thursday 31 October 2013

Shopping: Happy 5th Birthday, Westfield London!

Hi guys,
Yesterday Westfield London turned five! I can't believe how fast the time has gone: I was there when it opened, and it feels like yesterday! In honour of the occasion I headed down to London for the celebration, and of course, for a spot of shopping. I took my best friend with me as my travelling companion: my mum!
 photo westfieldis53_zpsc92b60da.jpg Yesterday evening many of the stores were throwing their own birthday parties and offering free cupcakes, glasses of champagne (or cava) and music and entertainment in stores. House of Fraser threw quite a party! As you arrived at the shopping centre, birthday girls were handing out booklets listing all of the great deals you could get as your very own birthday present (some of the stores were offering discounts of up to 25%!). There's also a lovely little pop up shop in the heart of the mall where you will find lots of different designers offering an exclusive fifth birthday sweatshirt collection, all priced at £65 each.

We went to Square Pie for lunch where we enjoyed some free champagne as we ate: I know you can't call pie and mash fine dining, but they're the best pies in London, and you can't get them in Norwich so I always make a beeline for it when I'm in Westfield!
 photo westfieldis54_zpsda6454c0.jpg
 photo westfieldis52_zpsf3079055.jpg
Mine was steak and cheese: nom,nom, nom! Once we'd filled our bellies it was time for the serious business: the shopping, and making the most of all of those birthday celebration discounts! Here's a quick list of some of the best discounts you could receive whilst the birthday celebration is happening from 30 October to 3 November (That's this Sunday).

30% of at - Ecco, and Mamas and Papas.
20% off at  - Coast, Calvin Klein Jeans, DKNY Jeans, Armani Exchange, LK Bennett, and Zatchels.
15% off at - Juicy Couture, Aspinals of London, and the White Company and Little White Company.
10% off at - Laura Ashley, Models Own,and Schuh.

Loads of the stores are also offering special offers such as free gifts when you make a purchase, or free cupcakes or prosecco in store all weekend.
 photo westfieldis51_zps9ebd4498.jpg
 photo westfieldis55_zps4052caed.jpg
Of course whilst we were there I managed to buy a small mountain of shopping, including a new pink coat (well, if everyone else is doing it!), jumpers and accessories perfect for winter. And a couple of treats for Wilbur too, of course: I just can't resist popping into those baby clothes shops! I'll be writing about my shopping and showing of my purchases in separate posts. 

All of these great discounts make it the perfect time to make a start on your Christmas shopping! Will you be heading down to Westfield London to join in the birthday party celebrations?


Love Tor x

PS - Happy Halloween everyone!

*I haven't been compensated to write this post, but I did receive a gift card for my shopping trip. 

No comments: