Wednesday 11 September 2013

Yes, it's Time! I'm going to mention the 'C' Word!

Hi guys,
When I was out shopping today I popped into Primark, where I was confronted with a stand full of Christmas jumpers. Then I went into Mamas and Papas, where the stand closest to the door is covered in tiny Santa costumes. And every card shop on the high street has festive wrapping paper in the window. It may only be September, but the X Factor is on the TV, there are Quality Street in the supermarket, and it's time to count down to Christmas.

So thanks to all of this and a timely email from Duo, unveiling their new Christmas collections, I've decided it's time to show you my dream Christmas party outfit. I already have a couple of Christmas parties booked in for this December, and hubby and little man's birthday's both fall in that month too. So having a couple of Christmas party outfits in my armoury is essential: and the sooner the better!  photo christmasoutfit_zps7186ac58.png 1. French Connection Daisy Maze Dress, £150
2. Phase Eight clutch bag, £44 
3. Angelica black suede shoes, Duo, £125
4. River Island brown vintage shrug/jacket,£30
5. Marni gold plated cocktail ring, £120
6. HervĂ© Van der Straeten gold earrings, £130

I love anything with a vintage feel, so this slouchy dusty pink dress caught my eye as soon as I saw it. It would be perfect for hiding my mummy tummy and showing off my legs (which will look much longer thanks to those killer heels) instead. I kept the jewellery simple (for me anyway) and rejected my trademark bangles and lockets because of all the sequins on the dress: a simple pair of earrings and a cocktail ring seemed like enough accessories. And because I'm far too old to queue outside a night club without a jacket on in the middle of winter, I've added a little vintage shrug into the mix to keep me toasty and warm.

Have you started thinking about your Christmas party looks yet? And what trends do you think you'll be channelling? Believe me, this is just the first of plenty of Christmas posts you've got coming your way over the next couple of months!

Love Tor x

2 comments:

daisychain said...

I love that French Connection dress!

Primark have some fab Christmas jumpers this year I reckon.

xx

Unknown said...

Very nice and lovely dress. I like them.san francisco car service