Monday 19 August 2013

Embracing Model Diversity: The Latest Campaign from TK Maxx

Hi guys,
TK Maxx have become the latest high street brand to embrace all things diverse, by including the world's oldest supermodel, Daphne Selfe and Felicity Hayward, the UK's hottest new plus size model, in their latest campaign video.

I like the TK Maxx ads: they're so fun and upbeat and cool (can I get away with saying 'cool'?). They're definitely the kind of ads you wish you could transport yourself into, anyway!
 
I'm loving all of the vintage styling and the oversized statement necklaces. And some of those chunky wool coats are enough to have me running to my closest branch of TK Maxx as fast as I can, looking to do some new season shopping!

TK Maxx did a quick Q&A with  plus sized model Felicity Hayward at the shoot for their latest campaign (images definitely to follow: they look as great as the TV ad!) and I've popped a little snippet below:

TK Maxx: Can you describe your personal style? 
Felicity Hayward: A modern day Jayne Mansfield, whose wardrobe got mixed up with the costume department of a John Waters movie. 

TK: What is your favourite trend from TK Maxx’s AW13 collection? 
FH: I would say winter pastels as I am a big fan of those colours, I could be a little biased on the grounds that I want to be an ice-cream lady when I am older and the colours in this trends remind me of all the flavours from mint choc chip to tutti frutti. 

TK: Do you have any fashion pieces in your wardrobe that have an amazing story behind them, or that you could never bear to part with? 
FH: I have a thong which once belonged to Prince and was worn by one of his dancers at the VH1 Fashion Music Awards in 1994. That baby isn’t going anywhere.

She's plus sized, she's gorgeous and sexy, and she loves Prince! Could this woman be my new fashion crush? I think so!

Love Tor x

No comments: