Saturday 6 April 2013

Daily Wear: Wearing sequins in the daytime!

Hi guys,
I'm not really much of a sequin wearer. For eveningwear I tend to stick to classic matt black. But I do love sequins: I'm a glitzy pink Barbie girl at heart, even if that isn't ever externalised by my clothes!

I am currently making a sequin- exception though: This sequin sleeve khaki jacket from OwnTheRunway.com. And believe it or not, it's sequins for the daytime rather than the evening. I saw a couple of other bloggers wearing this, and I just knew I had to have it:
 photo sequin1_zps74566400.jpg  photo sequin2_zps02a97c78.jpg  photo sequin3_zps01590543.jpg Sequin sleeve jacket: OwnTheRunway*. Jeans: Miss Selfridge. Shell Top: Matalan. Boots: Topshop. Bucket bag: River Island.

Because the jacket is such a statement piece (the sequins are so bright that when the sun's shining this baby could blind someone!) I decided to keep everything else as simple as possible: plenty of black and then a nice fresh denim. Of course, because I can't resist a little matching I wore my gold topped boots, a gold necklace and my gold watch to go with the sleeves.

The lipstick is the Dainty Doll red shade I showed you earlier in the week: I really do love it, and a splash of red lipstick is perfect for making me feel put together no matter what I'm wearing!

I wore this outfit for shopping and lunch with Mike and Wilbur today. It was so easy to throw on (effectively it's just jeans and a tee) but I must admit I was pleased with how it looked.

Have you tried wearing sequins during the daytime, and how do you manage to dress them down? What are you wearing today?

Love Tor x

* Gifted item

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the whole outfit!

daisychain said...

I Love sequins for day, you look awesome! x