Friday 8 March 2013

Shoes: Is it Spring yet?

Hi guys,
Last week in my post about why we should all be wearing neon, I mentioned that I had ordered a pair of neon sandals from Sarenza to bring a little neon into my summer wardrobe. Well, they've finally arrived, and I like them so much that I can't wait for Spring to arrive so that I can get my toes out and put these babies on!  photo neonsandal2_zps2f09073f.jpg These are from a brand I'd actually never heard of before called Sole Society. They have a great selection of summer sandals, particularly neon ones so look out for them if you want to shop the trend. They're called the Sammy sandal, and would set you back just £63.  photo neonsandal1_zps5f1d5d0e.jpg I know they're bright (like, you have to wear sunglasses to look at them bright) but I really like them. And whilst I definitely wouldn't recommend putting them on with a neon pink dress and neon green jewellery (because this isn't the Eighties!) with jeans and a crisp white shirt they would look on trend but still sophisticated and age-appropriate.

I think if you want to dip your toe into the water of any new trend but are feeling unsure about it, trying it on your feet is the best way to go! Your feet won't make you look fat no matter what you put them in and neon shoes won't draw the attention on the street that a neon frock would! So if you're colour shy (like me) or set in your ways and don't want to verve too far from styles and shades you know suit you, get adventurous with your shoes instead!

When I slipped then on to take these photos they were so comfy, and it was so nice to feel the air around my feet, that I didn't want to take them off! I suspect that you'll be seeing these in a lot of outfit posts this summer!

Have you bought any Spring/Summer clothes yet? I've already started planning some Spring outfits and had all my favourite blazers dry cleaned: I can't wait!

Love Tor x

1 comment:

char said...

Ooh I don't usually go for neon, but these are lovely and not too much, being just the straps.