Sunday 10 March 2013

Daily wear: Happy Mother's Day!

Hi guys,
Well, if you're in the UK today is Mother's Day: my first as a mummy! We were planning to spend the day by the beach in Cromer and eat fish and chips. Then it started snowing: plan scuppered. I can't believe it's snowing, when you consider that it was only Tuesday that the weather was so warm I left the house without my coat (Yes, I do have that British preoccupation with talking about the weather)

So instead we had lunch at home (steak and dauphinoise potatoes: yummy!) and then spend the afternoon trawling the local antique shops looking for treasure. Here's what I wore for the occasion:
 photo mothersday1_zps12275204.jpg  photo mothersday2_zps058a21d4.jpg  photo mothersday3_zps7b62a71a.jpg Leopard Print coat, Next. Striped blouse, Primark. Jeans, Miss Selfridges. Boots, Topshop. Bag, Pucci via TK Maxx.

It's not very often I wear my hair up: I tend to use it as a safety blanket! And it's even less often I leave the house without make up, like I did today. But a clean face and simple pony tail are perfect for lazy Sundays. As is this outfit; jeans and blouses tend to be my uniform at the moment: so easy to throw on with minimal effort required, but they still look stylish and well put together.

Do you have a go-to weekend outfit or style that you wear over and over again? And what is it?

Oh and as a PS - Happy Mother's day to my lovely wonderful mum, who I know will be reading this!

Love Tor x

No comments: