Thursday 7 February 2013

Style in a New York minute!

Hi guys,
Style-wise, I think I'll always be a London girl. I love the eclectic, undone, mismatched style of the London girl. I love the anything-goes attitude. But as I get older I appreciate the stereotypical New York style more and more. Nails are never chipped, hair is always blow dried, outfits are simple, chic, and perfectly coordinated. It's a grown up style I'd love to emulate, but I'm just too untidy to even try.

As New York Fashion Week has just started (and in just over a week London Fashion Week will start, when I will be singing the praises of all things London again) I thought now would be the perfect time to sing the praises of New York style. Starting with my three favourite New York designers:
 photo newyork1_zpsc40c6771.png Left to right: Alexander Wang, Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs. Even on the catwalk styles are simple and chic: no animal headdresses or dresses made from human hair here!

The good news is, thanks to some of my favourite discount websites, these designers (and more of their New York friends) are more accessible than ever. Here are some of my favourite and affordable pieces that you can buy right now:
 photo newyork2_zps96199517.png Diane von Furstenberg printed silk dress, £189, The Outnet
Calvin Klein red silk dress, £129, TKMaxx
Marc Jacobs pom pom dress, £174, The Outnet

I'm a sucker for a well fitting dress, and that DvF one is really calling out to me: it's such a gorgeous pattern! I think that's the key to getting this look right: pick one key stylish dress, add simple coordinating accessories, slick hair and make up, and you're ready to go!

What do you think of New York style? Do you love the coordination of it? Or are you just a scruffy London girl at heart?

Love Tor xx

Latest on Fabfrocks and Family: Limited edition Peter Rabbit collection at babyGap
Latest on Fabfrocks at Home: Emma Bridgewater at TKMaxx for Comic Relief

No comments: