Thursday 15 November 2012

The perfect Christmas day outfits for the whole family

Hi guys,
I normally resist writing about Christmas in November (believe me, you'll have enough of my Christmas posts to last a lifetime in December!) but I'm being beaten down by all the festive spirit everywhere and I just can't resist: The high street Christmas lights have been lit, Starbucks have their red cups out, and more importantly, I have seen the Coke Christmas ad on TV. Holidays are coming, my friends!

In honour of this, I started thinking about what I want myself and my boys to be wearing on Christmas day. This will be our first Christmas as a family of three (In fact, if he comes on time the boy will be less than a month old) so my usual laissez faire attitude to Christmas dressing is out of the window and instead been replaced by Christmas jumpers, cozy Santa accessories, and an unholy amount of red! Here are my picks from Next.co.uk of what I would like us to be wearing when the big day arrives:

Photobucket
Red skinny trousers, £26: Sparkle green sweater, £42: Nude and wine block platform shoes, £60: Colour block metal link belt, £12: Berry feather earrings, £7.50: Expandable bracelet, £12.

Photobucket
Straight leg burgandy chino, £20: Suede desert boots, £48: Burgandy patterned crew neck jumper, £30: Burgandy check scarf, £13: Black and orange leather strap watch, £30: Tan leather belt, £20.

Photobucket
I love santa suit, £11: Christmas bibs (2 pack), £4.50: Reindeer teddy bear, £9: Christmas pudding hat, £6: Knitted reindeer booties, £5.50

Of course in reality, Mike will wear his usual blue jeans and black Tshirt combo (it's tried and tested!) and I will wear something with an elasticated waist to make room for as much Christmas dinner as possible: but a girl can dream!! What do you wear on Christmas day? In my family's household we don't take off our PJs, but hubby's family get dressed up, so that will be a new experience for me this year!

Lovely blogger Northern Mum is collaborating with Next to giveaway a £500 voucher to the blogger who best styles a Christmas look for their family from the new season Next collection. The above is my entry to the competition - wish me luck!! 

Love Tor xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww baby's outfit is the cutest! I love the red and green look for you too!

Unknown said...

I think I'm in love with your colour-block elf out fit - it's gorgeous! The baby outfit is adorable too. Good luck for the competition!

Ah, there's nothing wrong with the odd Christmas post in November, it's hard not to be festive when Christmas is pretty much everywhere you look!

Here's a link to my entry if you get bored http://futurefreaksme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/next-perfect-christmas-outfit.html

xx