Thursday 19 April 2012

Fabfrocks picks: The best rainy day rain coats

Hi guys,
It's raining, it's pouring, it's time to dig out your raincoat!

If, like me, attempting to dig out your mac made you realise that a) it doesn't fit you and b) it's not actually waterproof then it may be time to hit the shops and find a new one. Sadly, in a country as wet as ours, a raincoat is an essential piece of kit: more so even than an umbrella, which is 90% likely to blow inside out as soon as it's hit by a little wind. But if you're looking for a waterproof jacket (i'm not talking chic macs here!) it also isn't something you generally want to spend alot of money on: after all, you're only going to wear it when it's raining, meaning that no matter how great your outfit, your shoes will still be soggy, and your hair will still be frizzy!

With that in mind, here are my picks of the best affordable waterproof raincoats on the highstreet (only one is over £50!):
Photobucket

Victorian rose raincoat, Cath Kidston, £35
Yellow plastic rain mac, ASOS, £50
Clear plastic mac, Topshop, £35
Red rain jacket, H by Henry Holland @ Debenhams, £27
Metallic long jacket, Topshop, £45
Floral rainy day mac, Boden, £97

I always think rain coats should be fun: they remind me of being a kid and splashing around in puddles wearing wellies with frogs on them. Which is why I haven't chosen a single black rain coat: it's just not a garment that should be taken that seriously! My raincoat is a cag in a bag (or mac in a sac, whichever you prefer) from primark which is pink with a red cherry pattern all over it. And, as far as I'm concerned, that's exactly how a raincoat should be!

How are you protecting yourself from today's deluge of rain? Do you have a comedy raincoat, or are you more of an umbrella kind of gal?

Love Tor xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,I was just wondering if I could possibly use this picture on my own blog?
From Jas.A