Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Overlooked store tour: Phase Eight

Hi guys,
Today's stop on the whirlwind trip of our overlooked store tour is Phase Eight. Now I am prepared to concede that this isn't exactly an overlooked store: my mum shops there frequently and even wore one of their dress/jacket suits to my wedding. But this is an 'overlooked' store for your average mid-twenty something. Or at least, and overlooked store my me, because I never pop in and check it out. And I'm making a grave mistake!

Phase Eight has a great selection of slick and stylish separates that would be perfect for work wear. And I've spotted at least half a dozen wearable, amazing quality dresses on their website that I would love to add to my wardrobe! I think their strength definitely lies in occasion wear, such as outfits for weddings and more formal parties. But I was wrong to assume that this was only the case for an older clientele.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Floral blouse, £59. Palazzo trousers, £59.
Lace cotton shift dress, £99.
Geisha fan dress, £110. Clutch bag, £60.


I don't like the strapless dresses you find in Coast for weddings and events: anything that requires a strapless bra just doesn't work for me. Shiny satin is not the friend of anyone over 20 and under 50 unless you're being ironic. And, in my opinion at least, a friends wedding really isn't the place for a frock so short that barely covers your modesty.

So bearing all that in mind, I have officially changed my mind about Phase Eight. It's perfect for stylish women of any age: and I include myself in that category!

Would you/do you shop in Phase Eight? And what have been your experiences? I'd love to hear all about it!

Love Tor xx

PS - Don't forget to enter my competition to win a piece of handmade jewellery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post, Tor. I'll definitely check out Phase Eight very soon ;)