Tuesday 27 March 2012

The Overlooked Store Tour: Miss Sixty

Hi guys,
When I was 15 I had a long Afghan coat in burgandy and gold which had a gold fur trim all the way around it. I loved that coat more than I've ever loved anything: It made me feel retro and glamorous. It was the most expensive, most luxurious thing I had ever owned. And it was from Miss Sixty. Which is why I have chosen them to be the next stop on the Overlooked Store Tour!

Miss Sixty isn't a brand I have thought about in years. Until I wandered past the Carnaby Street store earlier this week, I didn't even know they still had stand-alone stores (They do. All over the country: find your local one now!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
But a little research has given me a newfound love and respect for that favourite brand of my youth. Yes, you can still buy an overpriced cotton tee with a Miss Sixty logo on it. And all that denim of course! But you can also, and more interestingly, find a great selection of retro-inspired yet modern and wearable frocks and separates. And a range of handbags I'm already itching to get my paws on!

The brand seems to be having a love affair with lace at the moment, and there is a great flippy lace skirt that would flatter almost everyone. And as for the lace and denim dress in the first picture? At £140 I think it's a summer no-brainer: add this to your wardrobe, and always have something to wear!

The overall feel is laid back, not trying too hard, but still timelessly mega-cool! I want to be a Miss Sixty girl!

Do you/would you shop in Miss Sixty? And what store or brand reminds you of your long-lost youth?!

Love Tor x

No comments: