Friday 30 December 2011

Fabfrocks loves: Statement rings

Hi guys,
I love chunky statement rings: it's the one piece of jewellery I throw on every day, and even if I'm just wearing jeans and a jumper, it makes me feel 'fashion-y'. What I don't love though are green fingers that look like you're suffering from an acute case of gangrene: which is what happens whenever I wear the aforementioned statement rings.

If I buy them from Topshop or Accessorize, I'm looking if I get 4-5 wears from each ring before my finger starts to look rotten. From Primark I can only wear a ring once or twice before people start wondering if I need to visit a hospital.
Photobucket
So my (mini) New Year's Resolution is to give up the cheap finger furniture. Have fewer pieces of better quality plated jewellery and fingers that look pink.

The beetle ring is by Kenneth Jay Lane. I got it in the Harvey Nicks sale just before Christmas, reduced from £115 to £32. The Juicy Couture flower ring (chavvy brand I know, but I do like their jewellery) was reduced to £29 in Bicester Village yesterday. In fact, Bicester Village yesterday was mayhem, but their were some amazing further reductions to be had!

If I can I'd like to get one more ring in a plain gold to add to my collection, so that I can wear it with anything. But my focus is definitely on quality rather than quantity, for a change. And my fingers have never been happier!

Love Tor x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That beetle ring is just gorgeous!

Jess Heath MUFX said...

Ooh that beetle ring is amazing!!

http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

daisychain said...

Love these! I really need to invest more in rings, I'm fed up of the gangrene look x

teawithonesugarplease said...

arf arf green fingers so Not a good look. For Christmas I got given the Alexander McQueen gold and crystal skull ring and it is so worth the money. You can really feel the difference in quality and weight etc. You were really brave to go to Bicester Villege and never worry about a fashion label being too chavvy. Unless you're in head to toe Burberry check!!!