Monday 21 March 2011

Topshop outlet: In search of trousers!

Hi guys,
I am a dedicated dress addict. I love to wear dresses in all their many forms: floaty, tight, short, if it's got a skirt, it's in my wardrobe. But this season is the season of the trousers. They're everywhere, and everyone is wearing them.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on a trend that I might not be able to make work with my wardrobe, or even feel comfortable wearing more than once or twice. But I do feel like I should open my mind and give this trouser thing a go. So where did I head to look for cheap trousers without compromising too much on quality? The topshop outlet of course!

Palazzo pants
Photobucket
The more I look at myself in palazzo pants, the more I realise that they just don't suit me! I'm just too short and too curvy to pull these off. Which is a shame because I loved these cotton and velvet evening ones, and they were a bargain at just £10. Just not right for me.

Peg leg trousers
Photobucket
Another pair of £10 trousers (which means if you got the palazzo pants too the bogof offer would make them an amazing £5 each!) These made my thighs look ginormous, but on the bright side, at least I now know cinamon coloured peg leg trousers aren't for me!

Floral trousers
Photobucket
These floral trousers were £15 (with that all important BOGOF) I've rolled my black top up to show off the paper bag waist band. I really liked these, and with sandals, a black silk vest and baggy cardigan (or fitted jacket depending on my mood) these would be perfect for work and play.

Slouchy shorts
Photobucket
I do not have good legs. In fact they have been certified as my worst feature. So you definitely wouldn't find me wearing these £15 shorts about the city this summer. But for lounging around the pool on my holidays? I actually quite like them! Much more flattering and lighter than my usual denim options. Definitely worth a try!

How do you guys feel about trousers? Will you be embracing the trouser trend, or sticking to skirts instead?
Love, Tor xx

8 comments:

Ali said...

I am SO jealous that you have a Topshop outlet!

Tamsin said...

I really like the palazzo pants on you actually! They'd just need to be shortened.
LOVE the shorts xx

Caroline said...

i totally love the floral trousers on you, they really suit you! x

daisychain said...

omg we need a topshop outlet, I LOVE the palazzo pants.

Alex said...

I don't think I'm brave enough to try any of the more fitted styles. My worst features are definitely my upper thighs & stomach and tailored trousers look AWFUL on me :(

Kenners said...

Ah, Palazzo trousers are so lovely in theory, but boy are the difficult to pull of for normal shaped people! You're not doing half badly though :)

I think the floral ones of the best of the 4, although I would look like a clown in them. I love the look of the trouser trend, but I think I'll just stick to my trusty skirts (and my jeans of course).

Anonymous said...

I love all these outfits! Good choice, wish i'd seen these sooner so i could get me a pair of those palazzo's!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me! The Palazzo pants look really cute on you, they just need some very high wedges and taking up just slightly.