Monday 28 February 2011

Primark: There's something for everyone!

Hi guys,
Well, my shopping ban is temporarily over, but it was only a small fail: yesterday we went to Primark. And as we discovered whilst we were enjoying a minor spree, there really is something for everyone:

For Him:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Just this weekend I told Mike he needed to sort out his summer wardrobe and pick up any bits he needed for our honeymoon: as a self-confessed plain dresser and shopping hater, this was his idea of hell. So he went into Primark and for just £23 he got everything he needed (except a sun hat!) The shorts and sandals were £5 each, and the tees were on an introductory offer price of £1.90. The vests were £2.50 and the sunglasses £1, and he doesn't need to think about shopping again for another 6 months: bargain shopping at its best!

For Her:
Photobucket
Photobucket
For myself I brought the wide floral palazzo pants that I showed you guys from the S/S Look Book (Although please excuse the terrible pictures!) I was dubious as to how they would work on my bodyshape, but for our honeymoon I have to keep covered up when we head to Cairo and Luxor, so I decided to give them a go. They're far too long and will need taking up, but I actually like them: and they were a bargain at £12! The seventies style shirt dress (£15) is a 'for now' purchase, and I love it: it actually looks and feels better on than it does in the photos. It also comes in black with a tan belt, and for easy summer work/play wear, I wish i'd picked that one up too. But i'm now not fashion shopping for non-wedding stuff until after the wedding, so it will have to wait!

For Home:
Photobucket
We always have a sofa covered in blankets: it's cheaper than paying extra heating bills, and more snuggly too! But my trusty black and white floral blanket (which i've had since I went to university in 2002) needed replacing: enter this horse print fleece blanket, which cost just £5. I've never bought any Primark homewears before, but their selection is massive and really modern: I could've spent a fortune, but I want to wait and see how this one washes first.

Love, Tor xx

4 comments:

teawithonesugarplease said...

You did so well and got a lot for your money. I haven't been to Primark for so long but I have bought bits of their homewear in the past which was very good value

WendyB said...

Love palazzo pants!

FoodPilgrims said...

Primark is dangerous like that...I'd personally say you showed restraint! I have been in love with that biscuit coloured dress since I saw the PR pictures a few months ago - very jealous you've snaffled one up, looks great :)
Beth @ Baking and Brogues
xx

Anonymous said...

Good thinking with blankets, I love them too! It's just one of the nicest feeling on earth for me to snuggle up under the blanket while watching a movie or something :) Primark in my town don't sell any blankets though, I feel cheated now hah! When exactly is your wedding?