Wednesday 9 February 2011

Jumpers get sophisticated with my-wardrobe.com

Hi guys,
When I think of knitwear, I think of casualwear. Big slouchy jumpers or cardigans teamed with leggings, jeans, and sloppy dresses. And then I saw these pictures from my-wardrobe. I get sent a lot of emails and press releases, and I don't publish a tenth of them here. But sometimes I see pictures that, for whatever reason, make me think "wow, I wish I dressed like that." And those are the pictures I just have to share:
Photobucket
Who knew knitwear could look so sophisticated? These outfits are simple but fashionable. Unfussy. Well put together. I want to dress like this model in my everyday life: these outfits would be perfect for almost any ocassion; work, play, dinner. Yes, I know i'm gushing. I even want to team tan shoes with ankle socks and a matching jumper.
Photobucket
I wish I looked a tenth as sophistcated as these pics, which is a new phenomenon for me. I've never cared very much about looking sophisticated before! Recently I feel like my fashion sense/tastes are evolving. I wonder how much of this has to do with my impending marriage.

It started with my hands and has spread: I've gone from having tatty chipped nails to polishing them 3 times a week. (It seems essential when my ring hand is under so much scrutiny!) I even apply hand cream everyday, to keep them looking there best. And I can feel my fashion sense growing up too. Gone are the Hello Kitty jumpers and chunky plastic jewellery. Even my scruffy pumps don't feel right anymore: In there place are blazers and gold jewels (still chunky though, that will never change!) and shoes that I actually take the time to polish. Has any one else found their fashion tastes evolving as they get older/experience changes in their life? And how do you feel about it?

Love, Tor xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!

These jumpers are so delicate and nice. You're right, they do look perfect for wearing with little dresses for S/S11.

Sarah Betty xx
http://www.sarahbetty.co.uk

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I looove the sophisticated look! The 3rd image is my favorite; it's so nice! x www.lostinthehaze.com

Tamsin said...

My tastes have most definitely evolved over the last few years. I started out as a little punk kid, then moved onto a more twee, vintage look and now I basically just want to wear slouchy jersey and black all the time!
Still have an inability to leave my nail polish on for more than a day though *picks it all off*

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean Tor! I feel like I'm ready to move on for a next stage of my life, so I just felt like I have to make a conscious decision for my style to evolve! :) Now I'm super careful when buying something, because I don't want to buy something just because I might have worn it few years ago haha, does that make sense!?