Wednesday 12 January 2011

Debenhams Edition:Affordable designer collections to love!

Hi guys,

This morning I popped over for a preview of Debenhams new Edition concept: Edition is set to become a showcase for up and coming designers, with each designer committed to the collection for at least four seasons. The first three collections are by Preen, Jonathan Saunders and Jonathan Kelsey. These will land in store next month, with Roksanda Ilincic set to join them for autumn/winter.

I first heard about this new range towards the end of last year and was really excited about it. I love Preen's mainline collection, but of course I can't afford it, so the idea of Preen I could afford had me giddy! I was really impressed with the three designers collections, especially the Preen one, as I predicted. Here's how it all looked:

Preen:
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Preen leather jacket (middle bottom) is the most expensive piece from all three of the designers, at £190, but I think its worth the money: its amazingly buttery-soft and has great tassle detailing. My favourite piece from this and all the designers is the paperbag skirt with the zip: it's beautiful and attention grabbing! I also loved the zip detail mac and the sheer nude blouse. All in all, a great collection!

Jonathan Saunders:
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love acid-green, so I was immediately won when I saw this range! I loved the mix of the sheer and jersey fabrics the fluidity that created. This collection immediately made me think of summer holidays: it's clean and light and modern. I loved the white wrap-around dress with the acid green panels underneath: definitely on my must-buy list!

Jonathan Kelsey:
Photobucket
Photobucket
If i'm honest, I found this range a little dull: it is an accessories range of shoes and bags, but there was nothing I hadn't seen before. The neutral and white colour range looked a little dated to me, but having said that, I did love the black and gold cut-out detail gladiator sandals in the top picture.

I can't wait for the Edition collection to hit the shops so that I can be first in the queue to pick up that paperbag waisted skirt. Has anything caught your eye? Will you be picking up anything from the Edition range?

Love, Tor xx

6 comments:

hgh said...

I love most of the things in the Jonathan Saunders photos you've got here, I could see myself wearing most of those.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I can't wait to get my hands on the sheer blue top!

Laura
asifby-magic.blogspot.com

MrJeffery said...

cool. love the jonathan saunders ones.

Anonymous said...

The Preen collection is a clear winner to me.
Adore that skirt and love the mac as well x

Luxury Clothing said...

People seem to be adaptable to the fact that every time fashion icons wear a different set of clothes, they should wear the articles as well. These fads may wear down and die down like clockwork, but people don't seem to mind.Australian fashion designers