Wednesday 21 July 2010

TKMaxx store opening: Charing Cross Road

Last night I was invited to the opening of the new TKMaxx store on Charing Cross Road: just a two minute walk from Tottenham Court Road station, this makes TKMaxx alot more convenient for anyone based in central London, as usually their stores are on retail parks, or out in the suburbs. We were treated to champagne, themed dancers, and super-stylist Kate of Make Do Style was on hand for styling tips and advice.
Photobucket
The "gold label" stand was the stand I was most interested in, which is where they keep the designer labels: they had the Stella McCartney boat shirt dress reduced to £169 (and in my size!) It felt like fate, but I showed some self control and left the dress on the rail; the wedding fund remains intact! Other dresses of note were the Liberty print dress with the beautiful birds on, and the Pucci dress covered in drop sequins (both shown below) The most impressive section for me though was the shoes: there were 3 very covetable pairs of irregular choice shoes that had my name on them, and for just £29.99.
Photobucket
The store opening was also used as an opportunity to introduce us to ModBox, which is TKMaxx's new department. It is very much a "young trends" collection, and I would say aimed at a teen market. Lots of short dresses, logo tees, and embellishment. Even looking at it made me feel old, but I think my younger self would've picked up a piece or two. Decide for yourselves:

Overall it was a fun evening, and if I didn't know it last night I know it this morning: The store is obviously going to be a massive success. I walk past it on my way to work in the morning, and they were queueing around the block to get in!

Love, Tor xxx

1 comment:

Alex said...

Oh envy. Why do the TK Maxx stores that I visit NEVER have IC shoes in?