Friday 8 January 2010

Fabfrocks reviews: Isabella Oliver 365 Shirt Coat

One of the best things about ordering something online is the anticipation of the package arriving. And the second best thing about ordering online is opening the parcel. In my experience, the better the quality of the packaging, the better the quality of the treasure inside. This was certainly the case with Isabella Oliver: the packaging was beautiful and had me excited before i'd even seen the coat: I was delighted when Isabella Oliver told me they were going to be sending me their Shirt Coat for review because its the perfect coat shape for me: a little fitted at the top but loose and masculine below the bust.
The sleeves are bracelet length, perfect for showing off pretty leather gloves or, when the weather warms up a little, a bracelet in the evening. The coat is made of 95% wool, 5% cashmere, and it's so soft it leaves all my other coats in the shadows. The buttons are metal and have a subtle military detail which I love: the devil is in the details! I love the swing shape, and the way it drapes longer at the back (like a mans shirt!) But because of this i've teamed it with skinny leggings and fitted boots: I think if you wore anything loose on your legs underneath this you could risk looking like a bag lady! Other than that, there's nothing not to love about this coat: unlike my other "fashion" coats this is simple, good quality, and could be a wardrobe staple for years to come. In fact, it makes me think it's time to have a clear out of all the others stuck hiding at the back of my wardrobe!

You can get your hands on your very own Shirt Coat from Isabella Oliver for £186.15 in their sale (was £219).

Love, Tor x

1 comment:

Make Do Style said...

Their quality is top notch.