Wednesday 28 October 2009

Kate Moss @ Topshop 12th collection launches tomorrow...

...will there be no end?! It feels like only yesterday that I was standing outside topshop armed with camera and notebook, reporting on the launch of the first Kate Moss collection (that was in the days before this blog) People queued round the block-it was exciting and innovative and you came out the other side owning a little piece of Kate Moss. I interviewed girls that we're squealing about their sucesses and falling over themselves for a glimpse of each piece. And I genuinely feel like that collection (although, even then, not particularly fashion forward) was certainly inspired by Kate's style and therefore perfect for anyone coveting her distinctive look.
.
Roll forward 12 collections (I still can't believe it's that many) and I know i'm not the only one who's tired of it all. I know that both because you guys tell me and because of the massive quantities of Kate Moss stock on the sale rails and in the now famous topshop outlet store. But I also know that the collection just doesn't feel very Kate anymore; it could've (and probably was, lets not be niaeve) been designed by anyone. You don't see her wearing her own pieces anymore. Well, except maybe to the launch party. In the months after the launch of the first collection you couldn't move for pictures of Kate (and various other celebs in fact) wearing her own designs. It just doesn't feel genuine any more, and I feel like your paying extra for ordinary topshop clothes with a supermodel name on the label. It makes me tired just thinking about it.
.
Anyway, for those of you that still care (and I do still like to look at the pictures and think about them) here is my pick of the best. The blurb follows:

Kate Moss Topshop Christmas 2009 presents a collection of luxurious yet sophisticated oriental-inspired pieces, perfect for day and evening festive wear. Influences of traditional Chinese and Japanese clothing run through the collection.Continuing from the previous season, Christmas embraces chic, smart tailoring.Underwear makes a prominent return this season, with the debut of nightwear. Beautiful printed chiffons in triangle shape bras and teddies are feminine, whilst a leopard print balcony bra with an eyelash lace trim has instant sex-appeal. Floral printed silk pyjamas are adorned with an embroidered ‘K’ and come with a drawstring bag in the same material making it the perfect gift for Christmas.
.
Etc until you enter a deep sleep.
,
Love, Tor x

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Lovely photos ! I am quite looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new collection!