Monday 14 September 2009

All dressed up with nowhere to go!

This gorgeous dress from Goddiva arrived on Monday and I love it, but it also makes me sad at the same time!
.
The fit is great: i'm obsessed with sharp shoulders at the minute, even though I haven't decided if I can pull them off or not. I'm starting to come to terms with the idea that I can wear body con, even with my little pot belly, and I love the scoop back, showing off a little bit of flesh I wouldn't normally show. The sequins dig in when you press your arms against the dress, and I have a little scratch on my left arm from playing around a little too much in this sparkly baby, but beauty is pain, right? It's not worth crying about anyway!
So why does the dress make me sad then, I hear you asking? Well, because I have nowhere to wear it! Where would you were a dress this spangly and stand-up-and-pay-attention glamorous? It's a dress that demands a seriously fancy party, and i'm more of a couple of beers on a Saturday night kind of girl.
.
What does one do with a dress this gorgeous in that situation, I ask myself? Well surely the answer is obvious; put it on and run barefoot round the garden in the early morning light, then have your boyfriend chase you like a wildlife photographer of course; it's the only answer!
"Swoosh! She sneaks into the undergrowth stealthily in an attempt to disguise herself. The fuschia sequins are the perfect camoflauge" - Read aloud in best David Attenborough voice.

Love, Tor xx

2 comments:

♥ Miggy ♥ said...

hot hot hot!
you look fab in it! Just be strong... and try not to get blood on the dres! haha

xx

Anonymous said...

I love the dress! it looks gorgeous on you. Sequins & big shoulders = AMAZING

MFW x

http://www.missfashionwhore.com