Sunday 5 July 2009

A quick peek at... the House of Fraser sale!

I love department stores. I love that you can lose hours and hours in one big shop which contains lots of little compartmentalised shops. And, as i'm sure you can't have failed to notice, I love sales. So the House of Fraser sale is like a dream come true. Which is why, earlier in the week, just after payday, I went and played in the changing rooms. Here are my picks:

Grey zip-up jersey dress, Miss Selfridge, £10. This dress looks amazing with a tshirt underneath, but awful without. I can imagine it looking lovely with a black and white stripey tshirt and a big red bow in my hair!Zip detail denim dress, Therapy, £15. I really hope there sizes are wrong because I couldn't have shoe-horned myself into this if I wanted to! Too short, too tight, and too inflexible! I think just the thought of this dress made me stick out my rump and think myself big!I loved this dress off the hanger. Miss Selfridges, £18. The colour was great, the ruffles, the vintage pattern: all theoretically yum! But on I thought it made me look very frumpy; and not the good kind!


And finally this raw silk dress, Warehouse, £30. I brought this one to wear to my graduation and I wish I had gotten a better shot of it! It has a gorgeous scoop neck and great ruffles falling from a fabulous waistband; love!

Tomorrow: the topshop sales. I hit the Brent Cross store this morning, and it was looking good!

Love, Tor x

No comments: