Tuesday 7 April 2009

TAG: I'm it again!

When the lovely Kate of Film Upstart (formerly of Make do style) tagged me to answer the following questions, how could I refuse?


Here are the guidelines:

1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.




What is your current obsession?
This is an easy one because it's been my obsession for years; fashion! I know it sounds like a cliche but I love every aspect of fashion; from high end to high street. Its like a never ending world you can drown in and still never really understand everything. And I love that clothes can change how a person acts and feels: and make you really happy about yourself!


At the minute i'm obsessing about shoes. I've been looking for the perfect pair of heels that I can wear all day without blisters and agony; the hunt goes on!


Do you nap a lot?
We have the best (albeit ugliest) squishy leather sofa that I love lying on when I come home from work (and in fact am lying on right now) and often doze there. Mike is forever nudging me and hussling me up to bed!

Who was the last person you hugged?
The BF just before he left the house about 15 minutes ago to leave me to blog in peace!


What’s for dinner?
We just got back from a raucous weekend in Norwich (how great it was to see Miss B!) so I have no idea what we'll be eating! Given the limited supply of food in the cupboards teamed with my current lethargy I will either be making omlettes or salad! (NB - I had a tuna salad)


What was the last thing you bought?
The last shop I went to was Morrisons where I bought a clothes airer, peg bag, and solero. The last fashion thing I bought was a fringed top from topshop; it's awesome and has fringing on the sleeves as well as along the bottom hem; I shall put up some pictures shortly!


What are you listening to right now?
Right now i'm sitting on the sofa listening to/watching the first Ghostbusters film. I love the bad films they put on Channel 4 on Saturday afternoons! Aparently they've just started making a third Ghostbusters film and Bill Murray et al are actually going to be in it!


What is your favourite weather?
I'm in a good place weather-wise now actually! I love Spring because I like the sunshine and not having to wear too many layers but the temperature is perfect. I'm rubbish in the summer; I suffer from heat rash and get so hot and bothered I'd just like to lie in a cold room until Autumn comes round!


What's in your bathroom cabinet?
Wow, now this would be a list!! I have a dressing table and 3 bathrooms in our house and i've managed to fill them all with a never ending supply of lotions and potions! I really love Benefits Dear John face cream and Soap and Glory's wonderful yummy smelling body butter at the moment though.


Say something to the person/s who tagged you.
Kate: you are lovely, and clever, and someone to look up to for taking a chance with your career by following your dreams. I'm in the middle of planning a project to do exactly the same thing and you are definitely on my list of inspirations as to why. And although we only met once, you're just as wonderful in person as your writing implies you would be!

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
I love travelling and have lived in lots of different countries but I think England will always be my home. If I was having a house paid for and furnished it would be a toss up between Norwich and London I think: London is definitely the place I want to be now both career wise and because its such a vibrant and exciting city. But I will always love Norwich and nothing can compare to the happy feelings I get in my tummy when we pass the sign that says "welcome to Norfolk"


Name the things you can’t live without.
Apart from fashion, which I couldn't imagine not being a part of my life, my family are everything to me. I was blessed with wonderful parents and have 2 sisters I talk to every day and whom I am happy to say are my best friends. I'm lucky to have Amie in London and close to me, and Lucy graduates this summer and is moving down too. I genuinely dont know how i'd live without them. Oh, bugger, and Mike of course my wonderful boyfriend/house keeper who endures my habit of keeping my clothes all over the house with a smile, and is the love of my life.


What is your favourite tea flavour?
I don't often drink hot drinks, but if I really fancy one its always a Mint Green Tea. Except I like to leave it until its nearly cold before I drink it: yum!

What would you like to get rid of?
Nothing. I think everything happens for a reason; even the really bad things serve to remind us how versitile and resillient we are!


If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Only an hour? Going somewhere amazing for an hour then being snatched back again would be torture! I'd have to say Cuba; I've always wanted to go there and eat the free ice cream (If the queues work with me you can do that in an hour!)

What did you want to become as a child?
When I had my entry interview to get into school I said brain surgeon but I think I'd always said that because it made my parents so happy. From as far back as I can remember all I ever wanted to be was a writer: my grandpa used to call me his little Kate Adie! All i've ever wanted is to write, and thats still true (and also what I do!)

What do you miss?
My parents because they live too far away, my carefree uni days, and right now i'm missing junk food!

What are you reading right now?
Irvin Welsh's the bedroom secrets of the master chefs. I only started it a couple of days ago and i'm not really enjoying it, but i've never started a book I haven't finished: you never know what you might miss! My house is covered in books (we have 3 book shelves) and I cant walk past a book shop (especially a second hand one!) without popping in and picking up something else.

What's your favourite brand of jeans?
I'm not really a jeans person, and I struggle to find them to fit, but last week I bought the new Harper fit jeans from Topshop; boyfriend fit at the top and skinny and tapered to the ankle, they are absolutely wonderful! They look great and fit like a dream!


What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)?







Will you have plastic surgery/botox etc.?
This is a tough one. I'm not against surgery and if someone told me there was a painfree way i could shed 2 stone then i'd certainly give it a go. But the key word there was painfree; surgery certainly isn't and my pain threshhold is so low I just don't think I could cope with unneccessary surgery and as for botox; needles...shudder!


My own question:

If someone gave you £500k what would you do with it?
Pay my parents mortgage, take a very long holiday, go shopping (oh dear lord, the shopping!) buy a house and car (sensible stuff) and start my own little fashion publishing house. I'd only publish books I thought were wonderful and I wouldnt care if we didnt make a tonne of money as long as I was happy!





And now to tag people: I take dressed and pressed, style child, disney roller girl, and both of the queens to answer the questions! But don't worry - it's not like those awful chain emails: nothing bad will happen to you or your families if you don't!

Love,
Tor xx

1 comment:

Dressed and Pressed said...

Thanks for the tag Tor. Better get to it before the pox comes!