Thursday 9 April 2009

Hitting the coral reef!

Hi All,

It has always been my sisters favourite colour (and it really suits her too - lucky duck!) but this year she is bang on trend: coral is everywhere! And it's such an amazing colour - in the right shades in can look just as good on blondes as it does on brunettes (is it just me or do trends usually suit brunettes so much better?!)
I've been obsessed with this big coral Fiorelli handbag (available at House of Fraser) for over a month, which as we all know is an age both in fashion terms and my attention span, but for once this is a trend that I intend to take further than accessories. Although the little purses are cute too!
Top to bottom: Tree hugger, kookai, ASOS

I LOVE the body con dress, although obviously it isn't a style that will ever suit me! The kookai dress is a perfect summer staple and I can see it going from work to beach without too much effort at all (oh the power of the accessory!) The tree hugger dress immediately caught my attention of course, because by love affair with jersey is still well and truly in full swing!! The coral colour also looks really great with denim in its many shades and persuasions: I especially like it with light wash for that great spring/summer feel!

Top to bottom: Prophecy, Pepe jeans, Warehouse

Oh and the added bonus is that coral looks great with nude, which means it will breathe a new lease of life into all of the nude tops i've been collecting over the past couple of months: what's not to love about that double whammy!?

I'm going to try and post everyday over the bank holiday (I will definitely be posting tomorrow and monday!) but if you don't check back before then have an amazing easter: don't make yourself too sick stuffing your face with chocolate...advice more for me than you really!

Lots of love,

Tor

2 comments:

Katy said...

I love love love coral! I've wanted a coral body-con skirt for the longest time, and that coral body-con dress is seriously tempting! Of course, it's all talk as I don't shop online (parents-$$ and I don't have a job, I'm 14!)

Susie Bubble said...

I'm a complete coral freak.... love all those picks...H&M has a good lot of coral going on too...