Tuesday 31 March 2009

The Out-Net!

Ok, I know this news was all over other blogs earlier in the month, but in typical Tor fashion, it's only just penetrated my radar!
.
I love Net-a-Porter. Despite the fact that I applied for a job there and didn't even get an interview (sigh!) I spend half of my life on Net-a-Porter drooling over all the wonderful clothes (and stealing pictures to post here of course!) but i've never actually ordered anything: the prices are a bit too rich for my purse, not to mention my pesky aversion to ordering anything online.

However I think i've found the perfect antidote to help me overcome that fear; next month Net-a-Porter is to launch an online outlet store! And we all know how I feel about outlet stores!

.
On offer will be a mix of the former season's merchandise, classic pieces and greatest hits resurrected from designers' archives, all with average discounts of 40 to 60 percent. The company also plans to give some items away for free.
.
"We've been thinking of doing a sale shop -- under a separate brand -- for years, and now is the right time to focus on it," said Natalie Massenet, founder and chairman of Net-a-porter. "We are no longer a start-up, but a mature, established business, and we want to follow in the footsteps of stores like Barneys Co-op and Neiman Marcus' Last Call," she said, adding the new company aims to service customers and brands alike.
.
I, for one, am keeping my fingers crossed for an affordable, cross seasonal blazer and counting the days until the launch!
.
Lots of love,
Tor

No comments: