Monday 9 March 2009

I went to Primark and I got...

Like that forgotten school game I went to market, the list of things you can and do buy when you go to primark just grows and grows. However in my bid for a sensible, coordinated, wearable wardrobe this spring/summer I have been very very restrained. I limited my purchases to a selection of wearable and fun (because at primark prices, its the place to have fun with trends your not sure about!) little dresses that can be thrown on without much fuss and worn with pumps or sandals, and not alot of effort.




So, I went to Primark and I bought....


A floral dress






I went to Primark and I bought a floral dress and....


An Aztec dress






I went to Primark and I bought a floral dress, an aztec dress, and....


A ruffled dress






I went to Primark and I bought a floral dress, an aztec dress, a ruffled dress and....


An embroidered dress








This embroidered dress is my favourite and it also comes in black with white trim and cream with black trim. Oh how I wish i'd bought all three!



I know a lot of people wrinkle their noses when they talk about primark and "fast, disposable fashion". But I think when you are having to be shop savvy (and given the current economy, who isn't?) what better way to try a new style or new trend or new colour than primark? At least you aren't stuck with a massive credit card bill for an item you can't bear to throw away because of its price tag if the trend you were trying just didn't work for you!



So I say buy quality basics if you know your going to wear them again and again. But don't feel guilty about saving a little money in Primark on the fun stuff; nobody's made of money!




Lots of love,




Tor






No comments: