Monday 17 November 2008

All I want for Christmas....

Well, as I wrote on Friday, it's that time of the year again! ("it's come as fast as ever", as my nan would say) And whilst I wouldn't say i'm difficult to buy presents for (other people might say I was, but I wouldn't!) for over a week now panic-striken people have been calling or texting asking what a want for Christmas. Other than the usual - pony, jet fighter, trip into space - I haven't really known what to say! My lovely mummy is getting me a new sewing machine (I really am sticking to this new "make it yourself" mantra!) and that's all I really wanted to be honest.









You can see it all over the highstreet already; pandamoniom and panic that "you've left it too late!" "All the things you wanted might be gone" "What shall I get everyone?" and (more so than ever this year, I imagine) "How am I going to pay for all this?" Well I wouldn't want to subject anyone to that devilish nightmare on my behalf! But the first thing that springs to my mind when I think of presents is this: FASHION!! And in the interest of fairness (and because I know we all love looking at pictures of pretty things) here are some of the fashionable pretties I would be more than happy to find in my stocking from good old St Nick:


I've split these into 3 distinct categories. After all, we are but monkeys without organisation, so i'm told!



Jewellery
I love love LOVE these necklaces by paraphernalia on Etsy! I've seen so many girls wearing the heart one, which was my first love but now i'm torn: do I prefer the ribcage or the little bird? What I do know is that I wouldn't trade these buttons for anything - I want to stick one on my leather jacket and wear it forever!!




Oh Topshop, where would I be without you? I want, nay need, nay demand a ring with the head of a leopard on it, and an elephant bracelet! I want to wear them both together like a queen! A queen I tell thee!



Clothes

This bubble hem dress from Warehouse looks really simple on the hanger, but killer on the body! I think what I love about this dress is that with towering heels and drop earrings its perfect for a night out, but with a simple white tee underneath and knee high boots you could wear it all day as well. And for £45, you can guarentee it won't break the bank!


Shoes and Other Leather Goods


Phillip Lim Leather gloves £140 - £140 for gloves?? This seems completely crazy to me! Crazy I tell ya! But I saw these and fell a little bit in love. And you never know, Santa could buy a lottery ticket!!

I know they're a little over the top and more suited to teenage girls than responsible young adults (I think thats what i'm supposed to pretend to be?!) but I love irregular choice shoes! They're quirky and girly and they make my feet happy! And oh how happy my feet would be to take any of these beauties home with them! I want intergalatic robot feet!

















No comments: